my wonderful betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just bragged about him in another response, but figured i'd share here, too. i really, really like my betta's personality.

some might remember that my blue betta was swimming with my powder blue dwarf gourami for awhile, as though they were friends. that was the first sign that he is a very cool and likable fish. :)

i've since gotten two more gouramis...one flame, and another powder blue. since they arrived, the betta doesn't swim with them anymore, but he does play the role of peace officer. he leaves everyone alone, unless any bickering or tension starts between the gouramis...then he will flare at whoever the aggressor is. he breaks up any potential fighting before it even starts. as a result of him, i have a very peaceful tank.

he is a very mature and well-mannered fish, and i am proud to have him in my aquarium. :D

Hi, Grim. :D There's an older pic of him swimming with the gourami in my gallery...It's titled "Fish Buddies."

I do need to get some newer pics. :)

That's sweet! My Opaline and betta are quite friendly too. They actually share the little lair I created for my betta. (gallery) But every once in a while when Baccus wants to be left alone, he isn't afraid to hold his ground when it comes to "his pad".

My original Christmasfish was an uber Wunderbettafisch. He knew 7 tricks on command and was getting 3 more down pat. *sniff* I miss him.

S.Herbert is also a foot patrolman, breakin up fights.. he is dishonest and on the take though..he's been seen come out of the BKG cave unharmed with a piece of scallop and chases the tetras and even the apple snails from Dutch's porch. Hmmmmm.
My other ill-fated christmasfish, Kagerouko the gourami was totally attached to a half giant plakat female she was rooming with. It tolerated her attentions. With 22 betta hanging about there are a lot characters around here.
----------
Hits head DOH fake plants! the ticket! Good idea Cirsxi!
Herberts bed above commoners had the both the riccia and watercress up and die while I was fighting the pink haze. I took it out and stuck a leaf shaped reptile bowl. He pushed all the floating plants over it and has mini lair now.

That is a very nice betta. You're lucky! Where did you get him? LFS or breeder? I do remember that he was swimming with the gourami. That must have been fun to watch, just as his "peacekeeping" efforts are.

I have had 4 bettas: of my first two (now dead), one was a sweetie. He was my first one, and I was lucky to get such a nice one. The second one I got a few months later, and he wasn't quite as friendly. Of my current two, one has a lot of personality -- likes to come up to me, and the other is a psycho -- always hiding and acting skittish.

It's amazing how much their personalities vary. Fearlessfisch, don't delay too long in getting new pics! I didn't have a (digital) camera when I got my first betta. I borrowed one, and I only have a few pics of him that didn't come out all that well. I do regret that I don't have a good picture of him.

I remember my first betta....(flashback time lol!)

I remeber bringing him home and watching him swim in his little 1gal tank....then i would put a miror up to him and watch him flare... I thought "wow hes so kool!"

Then I was like "I need more!" lol, and then I got more and more and more :roll:

ashley

Back
Top Bottom