Mysterious water dechlorinator???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I was buying a new water conditioner because im using municipal tap water. I found this weird products literally nobody here uses. The product is said to treat tap water chlorine and chloramines and metals. Also the products is said in the package to treat damaged fins? The product is called "Fluval Water Conditioner"
You can find it on petsmart web or amazon.

Heres a link:Fluval Aquaplus 250ml Water Conditioner FOR Aquariums | eBay

:thanks:

Hi, I use Fluval. It's great stuff used it on my elephant nose for nearly 5 yrs, whenever he cuts himself I usually dose his tank it's suppose to help healing but I'm not sure.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Unless you have chloramine in your tap water you don't need something to treat it. I use sodium thiosulfate, which is a simple dechlorinator. You can buy enough of the crystals to last a lifetime for less than one bottle of commercial liquid. It's one drop/gallon after you make a solution (using tap water) and I've been using it for years w/out any issues.

you can put water in a holding tank, the chlorine will dissipate on it's own.
I've used food grade garbage cans, holds tons of water. then a simple pump can add water to your DT.

you can use stress coat or prime, I used prime for 20 years before I moved to an RO carbon block system that treats the water in real time.

Let me clarify, traditionally an RO system will not remove chlorine, but because I'm running a drip system at 40GPD, the water is in contact with the media 10x longer than a standard system by a pressure regulator rated at 40GPD which eliminates the chlorine. so I do a water dilution, not a water change. I haven't done a water change in 9 months now and my chems are 0 across the board.

Back
Top Bottom