Mystery fish ID ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheOscar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a oscar from the local pet store and there was a fish in there w him . Well I asked what it was , she didn't know of course.. So the manager said it was food for the oscar ( clearly it wasn't) so she gave it to me for free . And now if like to know what it is .. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405283644.815895.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405283661.148744.jpg

My oscar is too cool to school

If you are talking about the blurry fish it looks like a danio. or scissor tail rasbora

No the spotted fish

I looked it up and it does. Thanks

Well it was free , so hopefully he will join right in with the gang. Thanks again

If its a venutis which is a hap. With an Oscar I hope you have at least a 125 gallon tank. The Oscar needs a 75 by its self.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look in the cichlid section you will find a lot of info on these two cichlids

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 140, thanks for the help

No, I'll put a few up Tomm. I had the tank cycled and then of course we had to move lol. So I just got everything cycled again, and the new stock.

Well, you have one fish that comes from south american soft water environment and one that comes from hardwater african rift lakes. What is going to be the correct water quality for the two? Interesting pairing that, lol

I'm sure he will do better in my tank oppose to petsmarts that thought he was the oscars food lol

Back
Top Bottom