Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mystery snail acting weird?

Ok so yesterday I moved my mystery snail into my quarantine tank because all the fish would steal his food. He ate a fourth of an algae wafer all by myself so I knew he was hungry. Then last night I moved him back and he would act weird. He usually moves around the tank or "sleeps" when his head part goes inside the shell so all you see is the flat plate.

But since last night when I moved him, he is "sleeping" with his head out and is not very active though I've seen him move once or twice

Do you think the move to the quarantine and back was stressful? He was only out of the water for 2 seconds...

Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't know much about snails, but usually when moving from tank to tank you have to acclimatise again as the water chemistry will be different, even thought the tank could be right beside where you move him to, treat as a new fish or snail you've got from the shop.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlesscott
Don't know much about snails, but usually when moving from tank to tank you have to acclimatise again as the water chemistry will be different, even thought the tank could be right beside where you move him to, treat as a new fish or snail you've got from the shop.
But I moved him between two tank that have same parameters and temperature
Old 08-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unless you filled the QT with water from your main tank it will not have the same chemistry, even if your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels are the same in that tank. This would apply to someone who runs a QT permently with a few fish in it.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlesscott
Unless you filled the QT with water from your main tank it will not have the same chemistry, even if your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels are the same in that tank. This would apply to someone who runs a QT permently with a few fish in it.
I DID fill it with my main tank. Don't worry the sna is better now

Tags
mystery snail, snail, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com