Mystery Snail Floating for 3-4 Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Everyone,

One of my Mystery Snails has been floating for a few days now. It's not dead because every once and awhile, it will land on the tip of a manzanita branch and extend it's breathing tube up to the surface. I saw it do this a few minutes ago. How long is this safe for it to float, should I just leave it alone or is there something I should do to help him/her?

Thanks-D

UPDATE: If I put him in a pie dish with a little water in it, he moves around, but when I put him back into the tank he floats again. I've put him back into the pie dish until I go to work and put a little piece of algae wafer in it. Hopefully he'll at least get something to eat before I have to put him back into the tank.

Hi! I had a mystery snail that floated for a week, then continued to live for another month or two. I think feeding it sounds like a good idea, but i'm no snail expert. Is there an air bubble trapped in its shell? That could cause it to float. I removed an air bubble from mine by turning it upside down so the air floated out.

Hi! I had a mystery snail that floated for a week, then continued to live for another month or two. I think feeding it sounds like a good idea, but i'm no snail expert. Is there an air bubble trapped in its shell? That could cause it to float. I removed an air bubble from mine by turning it upside down so the air floated out.

Thanks for responding. I tried turning it upside down a couple of times to try and help get get rid of any air trapped, but apparently it didn't help. It was floating when I left for work. It ignored the algae wafer.

I would suggest leaving him in the small plate so if there is any air, he can remove of it easily. My mystery snail would bring out a little tube to the top and slowly start to sink down, so i guess just wait for that to happen.

Thanks for your help. I've seen him floating before, but not for this length of time and I've never seen the blue one float. I'll let you know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom