Mystery Snail gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
What ate and or killed my mystery snail???? I noticed it in the bottom of my tank this morning, it was by the Raphael catfish home. I came back this afternoon and it hadn't moved, so I took it out and the shell is empty. I thought I had removed them all temp like to put in other tanks to clean them up but didn't know i left one in my 55. I have bala, blue gourmis, & giant danios, and two Raphael catfish, that's all!!! Who's the culprit?????

I have a spotted Raphael cat and he has eaten 4 mystery snails. No more snails for my tank except feeder snails.

I would bet your catfish are guilty. As with all catfish, if they can fit it in there mouths, they will eat it,or die trying lol.

So do they just eat it sitting there? I was wondering how they get the whole thing out of the shell. Is it when they are inside of the catfish trap it. housing/log that the

vaquero said:
So do they just eat it sitting there? I was wondering how they get the whole thing out of the shell. Is it when they are inside of the catfish trap it. housing/log that the

What did the shell look like? Did it look crushed any way?

Back
Top Bottom