Mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everywhere that I've read says they aren't very active during the day mine never stop is that just their personality or does that mean something else

If I add calcium chips in the water for them will it effect my fish

My mystery snail, Gary, is out almost all day unless he's sleeping or is startled. He actually cleans up a lot of the uneaten food from my frog, most of it even.

They are a very nice looking snail too, but not just for looks, IMO/E.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I don't believe snails have the capacity for a personality, but yea, mine are super active during the day.

I disagree. I used to think so too until I got my snail.

I have ambulia and cabomba and they eat all the dead crap at the bottom so the plant grows great it dont have all that dead under it

My snail the other day went up to the top, and then wanted down, so it went to the filter current, twisted around and rode down to the bottom. He looked as smug as is possible for a snail. Lol. I vote a yes for personality for a snail.

Yeah, if you want a snail that'll eat all left over food and algae, it's not what you're looking for, but if you want a snail just for a snail, these little guys are great!

If I add calcium chips in the water for them will it effect my fish

I'm wondering about this as well. My apple snails keep cracking their shells so I've added a little peice of cuttlebone to the substrate. So far everythings OK.

Back
Top Bottom