Name the Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I spotted this one Cory in my lfs. It's the only one they had so I had to have him.. Can you tell me the name as the shop didn't know.. Would like to get some more to join him ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396351628.796116.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396351677.308891.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396351706.452233.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396351759.262098.jpg

Thats actually a type of loach, maybe a type of botia loach, but i dont know my loaches very well

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm a little worried as reading they can be aggressive towards other fish such as tetras which I have .. Can anybody tell me if this is true ?

This isn't always true it all really depends on the actually personality of your fish sometimes you will get nice caring ones and sometimes you will get one that wants to rip other fish to shreds
They should be in a group as this is more secure for them

Yes that is a yoyo loach, they grow to 6" long and get very fat. They are really social fish and should be kept in groups, and they can indeed be aggressive. I got a pair of them, very small like yours. During the time I had them I had a beta, 2 White Cloud Mountain minnows, and 3 neon tetras mysteriously disappear. Usually just one or 2 fish each night. I only saw a couple carcasses. I returned the loaches and these disappearances stopped.

Back
Top Bottom