nannacara anomala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone else here keep these guys? I have one in my 20 gallon tank and I hardly ever see it. I would have liked to get 2 of them but my LFS only had 1, and I haven't seen any here since. I thought mine would get used to the tank and come out of hiding after a few weeks, but I've had it for a couple of months now and I've rarely even seen it eat. I've never seen it eat flakes or frozen food at all, but I've noticed it pecking at the algae wafers every now and then. The tank is planted with plenty of places to hide. Are all these fish so shy or would things be different if I got another?

I know nothing in deptgh about them, however, I suspect that with more fish it would do better..... Like a mate or something.

I have never kept them, but I am looking forward to hearing from anyone else that has for their insight.

Thanks. :D I guess if I want to get another I will have to order online. My LFS hasn't gotten any since they had that one. I certainly don't have any insight on them, sometimes I literally don't see mine for days and I start worrying that it's dead. :roll: I don't know how it can hide so well, the tank is only 20 gallons!

LOL not surprising coming from the person who has the most tanks I've ever heard of. :lol: Every now and then I see mine nibbling on an algae wafer, but other than that I don't see it eat, ever. :? I guess I will try some other frozen foods. Maybe when I get some $ I will order another one online or something. My tank's kinda overstocked though, I may have to do some rearranging to fit one in there.

Back
Top Bottom