Nano fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is nothing much you can fit in 2.5g honestly.

2 guppies max probably... Male endlers.
Ember tetras are really small, but they need to school, I'm not sure you can fit 5-6 of them in such tiny space.

I'd stick with a betta or some shrimp

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

That's bare minimum for a Betta tank. There is very micro species. That's not my area though. Most people only keep shrimp in a 2.5.

Caleb

That's bare minimum for a Betta tank. There is very micro species. That's not my area though. Most people only keep shrimp in a 2.5.

Caleb

The only micro species I can think of that could work, is one of the Danionella species, but I have not yet had the pleasure of keeping them so I couldn't really say how easy they are to keep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive decided on the crayfish. I might be able to acquire a 5g so I might just put the cray in that and leave the 2.5g empty because its so small and really nothing should be in something that small...

You could always try African Dwarf Frogs. They can be shy but very funny if kept in groups :)

Caleb

It's unlikely that the guy asking "what can I keep in a 2.5 gallon?" has the knowledge and skill sets of somebody that's breeding fish... Even if they're just guppies. =D

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd go heavy planted with a pair of gulf coast pygmy sunfish.

I don't know why I forget these guys, they really appreciate the small space. Sourcing them could be an issue, I haven't seen any available in some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's unlikely that the guy asking "what can I keep in a 2.5 gallon?" has the knowledge and skill sets of somebody that's breeding fish... Even if they're just guppies. =D

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I breed bettas... And I'm a girl... And I already decided to get a crayfish and use a 5g and leave the 2.5g empty. Thanks.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Here are some that come to mind...

- betta coccina
- boraras merah
- boraras brigittae
- boraras maculatus
- boraras naevus

Back
Top Bottom