Nano tank resources?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Id like to learn about, drool over, and otherwise ponder planted nano tanks ... What are everyone's favorite books, websites, tips, and photos? I see them a lot but can't break down in my head how they were assembled.

Define "nano"? Like 5, 10, or 20g. This can dramatically change the floor and height availability, an thus which plants that can be house. I use this site a lot, liveaquaria.com, and whatever else Google pulls up for a particular plant.

I have a cluster of moneywort stems in my 5g hex, for instance. It's really no different than larger tanks. You just have to find the plants that fit. Lighting it way, way easier to achieve in smaller, shorter tanks, but a 10w 6700k CFL is more than sufficient for moneywort.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good question. The ones I keep loving at The Wet Spot are about 5 gallons. Combo of ... I think it's called emersed and immsersed(?). With a few bitty bitty rasboras in residence.

I'm getting better at managing a 3 gallon here at home with a betta and plastic plants, and have 3 now empty 1 gallons that some other members suggested might be ok for some plants and RCS.

Plants only in the 1 gallon "now that I know better I took the Betta out" kits might be a good first start, I don't have a lot to spend.

But long term I'd like to plot a fabulous 5 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom