need a little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on buying a few more lemon tetras but I don't know if I should move the single one over to my community tank or would he be better off if he was left in the qt so he can be in part of a school. I really don't want him to get anything from the new fish since hes already been through a lot. But I'm not sure how he'll do by himself. :?

what is he with right now and how long have you had him? I would put him in the community tank while the new one's stay in QT. Maybe you could cut the quaruntine down to a week or so? I would suggest moving any fish over to the community tank that are with him while you quaruntine the new ones. He would prefer to be in the group though, it's up to you how you want to do it. He would be happier in a group, but then if the new fish are sick you would probably lose them all

Well I bought 6 lemon tetras and put them in qt lost all but 1. Then he came down with ich and now its getting close too 2 weeks since I last saw spots on him so I was thinking its almost time to try some more so he can school. I think I probably will put him in the community tank just so he doesn't have to get any sicknesses they may have.

There has definitly been a change for the good in his behavoir. I guess being around other fish keeps him more relaxed. In qt he was always in the same spot hiding in a group of fake plants. Now hes swimming around just probably wondering where the rest of his school is. Unfortunately the lemon tetras were being medicated so I couldn't buy more yet. But soon I will.

Isn't there another LFS you could go to? lol or is it just the one? YOu could try shopping around. Around here there's some little fish stores in like peoples garages, they look kinda crappy, but have much healthier fish than most the other stores around.

There are 3 pet stores around here, I only bought fish from one store so far since they have the bigger selection. But I plan on checking tomorrow at the other 2 stores.

yeah i wish i had your persistance :). and i also wish i could drive :). make sure they dont give you any runts/picked on fish. err i mean you dont want the fish to die on you. its hard to pick out schooling fish because they overlap and you lose them but when they bag them just give a final look before you leave..

and make sure you really annoy the fish person :twisted:

I inspect the the whole tank now before I decided to get some fish any signs of anything then I wait. Can't trust them to pick out good fish or atleast a few of the workers I can't. The others are nicer and actually care.

The others are nicer and actually care.
That's always a plus :D
Shop around and see what else is out there. I noticed that with schooling fish, the employees are not as likely to let you pick, but be persistent if there is a particular fish that you want.

Back
Top Bottom