need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agwats

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ac is out again and the temps going to be 95+ for the next few days. Any ideas on how to keep the water temp down for my tetras? I know they can deal with low 80s but I don't know how well they would deal with low 90s and id rather not cook them in there own home

Ziplock bags with ice and a fan blowing across the surface will help keep the temps down ... keep in mind the fan will increase evaporation.

Thanks this is helping it hold temp anyway. Its sitting at 84 while the house is over 90 so it could be worse. I was thinking of doing pwc in the early evening when the temp is the highest to help it stay cool but wasn't sure if doing them that often would affect the stability of the tank too much...

Thanks this is helping it hold temp anyway. Its sitting at 84 while the house is over 90 so it could be worse. I was thinking of doing pwc in the early evening when the temp is the highest to help it stay cool but wasn't sure if doing them that often would affect the stability of the tank too much...

You can certainly do a PWC to slightly lower the tank temp ... but not by too much otherwise it'll stress the fish. A few more bags of ice may get it a degree or two lower ... but that'll probably be it. Still it shouldn't harm the fish at 82-84.

Back
Top Bottom