need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I have been waiting 6 weeks, and the water is finally perfect! Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, and nitrates somewhere between 10 and 20. I'm so stoked! Ph is a little on the high side at 8.2 but does not fluctuate. I have 2 guppies and 2 EG cories. Thinking about stocking 4 more cories same type, and 2-3 fancy guppies. I have an aqua clear 70 for a filter. Is that amount of fish ok for my 30 gallon? Can I get them all at once? :fish2:

I'm not an expert but I also have a 30 gallon tank.

I have stocked 3 Buenos Aries tetras, 3 Colombian tetras, 1 gourami ,2 glo fish ,2 electric green tetras and a bamboo shrimp.
I do run a small UVS but I'm gonna add more stock soon.
I think you're ok to add stock all at once but if it was me I would add one species at a time.

You are absolutely fine adding more cories, it is actually a good idea since they are schooling. And you can add many more fish than two guppies.

Think I will be adding 4 more emerald green cories, 2 more guppies, and 2 mickey mouse platies :) thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom