Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usarng2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just did a water test .... water levels are perfect !!!

one question for the experienced ?

one of my dwarfs has a swollen belly and is swimming sideways ...

The blue dwarf keeps checking on the red dwarf (the one with the swollen belly).. so either I have a pregnant dwarf or a constipated dwarf ...

I cannot tell the sex of dwarfs so please advise ...

:thanks:

Are you talking about dwarf puffers? If it is swimming on its' side than it is sick. The other puffer is most likely going to attack the other one. Dwarf puffers should be kept separately or in a big enough tank for each to establish territories. It is recommended to have 5 gallons for each one. Even then they will fight sometimes. You can tell a male from a female by looking at the belly. Males have a dark stripe running down their stomach. They also have little wrinkles around their eyes. It could have parasites. Have you wormed them? Or it could be bloated from overeating. Try not feeding for a couple of days. You need to remove the sick one or the other one will attack it.

Dwarf Gouramis... I took him out and tried to feed him peas he ate a little so I will see what happens... all the other fish are super healthy and their colors have improved so much ...

Back
Top Bottom