Need advice on Pictus Catfish tankmates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackalpaca

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55gal aquarium I am going to start. My girlfriend really wants Pictus Catfish, so I was thinking about getting two of the Pictus then maybe Gouramis. I was wanting to get a blue and maybe a dwarf or kissing. Also I was thinking of introducing 6 tiger barbs at some point, but after reading forums I am unsure even in the group.

I have 2 pictus for over 3 years now and they get along with basically everything. They may spar with sharks (red tails, rainbow, etc) because of the territory similarities. Do not put them with small fish tho. They ate a school of neons in 2 days and that's when they were real little lol. Now they are with Cory Cats, rainbows, harlequins, rams, angels, BN pleco. They are awesome fish IMO. Very funny to watch. One of mine hoards pellets at feeding time gathering them one by one and placing them under the driftwood in his "spot", the other one caught on to this and while the first is gathering more food the 2nd one steals his... They're just comical lol.

I've had a Picktus catfish for almost three years. It gets along great with all my other fish including a Rainbow shark. Don't put very small fish in your tank or the catfish will eat them. I have some Zebra Danios in my tank and they're small but they're also very quick.
I also have two caves on oposite sides of my tank. The catfish and the shark both like to hide in them. Last week I saw them together in one cave!

Back
Top Bottom