need advice on what tank to buy for stressed betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meclem3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have suggestions on a good 5 gallon tank for my better fish? Currently he is in a 3.5 gallon round glass tank and will not stop attacking his reflection against the glass. He has made a bubble nest (I think) and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing since I'm assuming he is stressed.
I have tried several different lighting arrangements as well as putting sheets of paper on the sides and even towels but nothing has calmed the poor guy down. I am keeping his tank lights off and have been for 2 days and only using the light from my windows and room.
I need a tank that has little to no reflection. What tank should I get? I already have a heater etc. and I'm a college student so I'm trying to save money and not throw out $100 for the tank itself.
One last thing, my tank has a slightly odd smell to it. I did a 15% water change 2 days ago. Could it be my marimo moss ball? Or, by looking at the pictures does he seem sick? Today he did somehow split one of his fins sadly...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 53
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 66
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 51
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 53
Petsmart has a 5g glass rectangle aquarium kit for under $30, here

The API Panaview is an option, here.

To be fair, I am not sure a new tank is really going to help.

Back
Top Bottom