Need advice: Stringy white stuff overnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linkubuspark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I came home from work and found stringy white stuff attached to the (one) fake plant in my 3 gallon tank. There's a bit of it accumulating on the filter cord as well.

This tank is only a month or so old. I've been keeping my male betta in it and added a oto catfish almost two weeks ago.

Last night I did notice some of those white specks on the "glass". I added blanched zucchini last night to feed the oto. I don't think it has touched the stuff, but it did enjoy the spinach I added a few days ago.

Will upload a pic in a few...

photo.jpg

It could have to do with the vegetables decomposing in the water. Possibly a fungus or something like that. Pics will definitely help.

However, you have a bit of an issue with your stocking. Otto's are social and like to be kept in groups of at least 3 fish, with more being better. They are also supposed to be in a minimum tank of 10 gallons. This is just something to contemplate, because an overstocked tank is an unpredictable tank.

Back
Top Bottom