Need fish identified! please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watch out because they are great jumpers. I have one male that pretty much dominates the top of the tank when it's comes to food, if it can fit In his mouth it could possibly be food. I've seen ghost shrimp eaten whole( took a while to get it down but he did) when he was two inches, but he's very peaceful and would never attack another fish.

which fish are you talking about exactly?

ive read if the red tail is only really prompted to be aggressive when mingled with his own kind and is confined to a small space (such as my 10 gallon but im considering upgrading fairly soon anyway) will it still attack my other fish?:confused:

My version of attacking other fish is nipping at their tails. And top fins. They even got my clown loach one time, always got my angels and even got my bicher one time when I tried to keep them separated from my main tank

Maybe, fish act different. See how he plays out now. If he gets aggressive in the future have a plan ready, whether to separate or add faster fish. I know what you mean though, I keep faster fish with my Texas chiclid because it keeps him from beating up on the other slower fish. But he's a territorial type of aggressive. Just plan for the worst, hope for the best.

But the problem is he's still going to outgrow your tank

Easy solution, get a bigger tank, or take him to a specialized fish store or not a franchise type pet store, they will usually buy him for half of what he's worth at best

Maybe, fish act different. See how he plays out now. If he gets aggressive in the future have a plan ready, whether to separate or add faster fish. I know what you mean though, I keep faster fish with my Texas chiclid because it keeps him from beating up on the other slower fish. But he's a territorial type of aggressive. Just plan for the worst, hope for the best.
yeah definitely ill see how it goes thanks!

Back
Top Bottom