need fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcwolf666

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey :) could anyone suggest some good attractive community fish for me? That would fit in a 120lt planted aquarium? Thanks :)

I have someideas of what i want. But atm only two platys and they are only in there for cycling. So can come out of the tank if necessary.

mcwolf666 said:
I have someideas of what i want. But atm only two platys and they are only in there for cycling. So can come out of the tank if necessary.

Welcome! What type of fish would you want? Schooling? Big? Small? Mix? Species only? So many options:D

You have around a 33-35 gal tank if I can still count lol.

When you stock remember to stock slowly as the BB won't be able to support a large amount of waste.

I'd recommend leaving it a week or so between adding groups and testing quote regularly.

As for stocking I have no idea lol!

I think a bit of a mix. :D i would just like some names and then ill look them up :)

I you want colourful fish you could go with fancy guppies or a school of neon tetras. If your stuck for ideas pop tothe LFS pick some fish you like the look of and come back here and everyone will give you advice on what would work best. Good luck !

Well there are corydoras, angelfish, rams, apistos, TONS of tetras/rasboras/danios, killifish, bristlenose pleco, platys, mollies, bettas(1 male or can attempt 3+ female), keyhole cichlids, and the list goes on! It's a good size tank so the options are a bunch!

check out about mollies, red eye tetra, neon tetra and Dwarf Gourami
i think you will like then

This is a good community fish and a bit different the African three stripe catfish / debauwi cat, they are great fish that properly shoal, have a beautiful swimming motion and are hardy,peaceful and easy to keep, and unlike a lot of cats they are active with the lights on.

One thing in groups less than six they are shy, I keep a shoal of ten and they are active at all times of the day and night.

A rainbow, gouarmi tank would be cool. Maybe 6 rainbows and 4 mixed gourami. Then a school of kuli loaches.

Back
Top Bottom