Need help - 2 weeks away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuMcc99

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going away for 2 weeks on the 25th, I have been told that one of these will do me

image-3420010532.jpg

image-1871024279.jpg

It says that it's for a 45ltr tank but my mate seems to think it will be fine in mine for the 2 weeks, I have a 125ltr tank and I just don't seem to think it will, I have got 2 of them just in case, what does everyone think?
Your help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Nope, that food in those are just pellets that ar not really high in protein or healthy for your fish. I suggest buying an automatic feeder whet you can at petsmart. You put whatever good you want in it

Those do tend to foul up your water. It's really not worth the risk. Do you have anyone that could come feed them a couple times while you're gone? If not I would use the automatic feeder as well.

I would recommend buying an automatic feeder. You can program it to feed as often as you want and what times and it uses the food you already use. I have 2 and never have had issues with them. My 55 gallon tank was running on one for over a year. Only had to refill it once a month.

Just be sure if you get an automatic feeder that you run it a week or so before leaving to be sure it's working properly and adding the amount of food you want. You don't want to find it didn't work properly when you get home.

I have that auto feeder, I find it works ok with pellet food etc, but try the different sizes of pellets to see what size works best (tiny pellets too many get through the gap, and too large not enough gets through). Does not work well with flake food.

Back
Top Bottom