Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my 30 gallon up and running for about 2 and half months. Did a fish in cycle and it was cycled in about a month.

My problem or it may be a good thing is that whenever I test my water it is 0's across the board. From what I understand I am suppose to have anywhere from 5ppm to 20 ppms of nitrate, mine is 0 along with nitrites and ammonia. Is there any reason for this?

Do you have lots of live plants in the aquarium? They absorb nitrates as a food source.

My only other thought is that you are doing the Nitrate test incorrectly (ie not shaking the bottle and/or test tube enough), but after doing it for 2+ months, that doesnt seem likely.

Do you have lots of live plants in the aquarium? They absorb nitrates as a food source.

My only other thought is that you are doing the Nitrate test incorrectly (ie not shaking the bottle and/or test tube enough), but after doing it for 2+ months, that doesnt seem likely.

I have one Anubius and a moss ball. Yea I've been doing the test correctly. Idk why it's like that!

Does anybody have any suggestions on what it could be? Or should I just not worry about it?

You may only have a couple plants but they still need nutrients. What I suggest is getting Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive liquid fert and using it weekly after your WC's.

You may only have a couple plants but they still need nutrients. What I suggest is getting Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive liquid fert and using it weekly after your WC's.

Thank you! Will do!

Back
Top Bottom