Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobbym9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a friend that is moving so he gave me his tank (20 gallon tall). He told me it was a 30 tall but I checked the measurements (24" long X 12" Wide X 16" Tall) and according to the chart it is a 20 tall.

Along with the tank I got 2 large Angelfish, 3 Red Minor Serpae Tetras and a Clown Pleco. I've been reading that this tank is too small for the Angelfish. I have a 29 gallon that I use for growing plants and my platy fry so it is cycled. Would it be better to move the angelfish to the 29 gallon? The dimensions of the 29 are (30" Long X 12" Wide X 18 Tall)
They seem so cramped and never swim around. I never had angelfish before so I'm not sure if that's just how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly the angels need that larger tank and as they grow might even need a larger tank than that down the road. But for now I say move them to the 29g plus they will love the plants.

The 29 gallon would be better for them but they need atleast a 40B. I had two in a 40B with a school of danios and Cories.

Angels actually do best in deeper tanks over longer shallow tanks. I keep 9 adult angels in a 220g. When they are younger and smaller I started with 14 in the tank but over the past 4ish years they have grown quite large in size and due to their being veil tails (long fins and tail) they wouldn't do well in a shallow tank.

Ok thanks for the quick replies! The one seems to be almost 5" an the other one is around 4" or so!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398103167.348382.jpg
Can anyone tell me what kind they are? Thanks so much for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom