Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stellyboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I got a new tank and did everything to clean it out, new water, no chemicals etc. I put clear fast in the water and tap water conditioner for my betta but the water looks cloudy and not as pristine as my 10gal is(The new tank is 3gal) My mom was wondering how to get rid of the cloudiness.

Do you have a filter?

Yep. I got a sponge filter. It’s kinda the same with my 10gal in my room with the divider too. It’s not as pristine. I have 2 betta in the tank in my room with the divider and I have a filter and heater there. Same for the one with the pristine water one. I have whisper regular type filters for the two 10gals though.

Maybe get a filter with carbon. That will definitely clear up the water. If you got a single betta in there and the tank isn't cycled I would do water changes every 3 days. Best practice would be to test the water every couple of days with an API master test kit until you get a water change schedule established. My son has a 3 gallon betta tank and he has to change his water once a week but it's also cycled.

Just take the filter from yours and put in to the new tank. It should clear up. And tank would be cycled.

Just take the filter from yours and put in to the new tank. It should clear up. And tank would be cycled.

My sponge filter doesn’t have a filter slot thing. It’s just a circular sponge thing.

Some air pumps have a dial to adjust the amount of air. And the ones that don't (like mine). If you have a valve for the air hose you can turn it up or down.

Personally, I'd just take the filter out of the 10g along with the air pump and put it in the 3g til it cleared. As long as your fish is not in it. And put your other filter in the 10g to help it cycle faster. And I'd squeeze the sponge out in the 3g. Just helps to cycle. Then when it's cleared up swap your filters back around. And you should be good to go. Then should beable to add your Betta or whatever. Just make sure you test the water first before fish.

Personally, I'd just take the filter out of the 10g along with the air pump and put it in the 3g til it cleared. As long as your fish is not in it. And put your other filter in the 10g to help it cycle faster. And I'd squeeze the sponge out in the 3g. Just helps to cycle. Then when it's cleared up swap your filters back around. And you should be good to go. Then should beable to add your Betta or whatever. Just make sure you test the water first before fish.

So it’s okay to have my betta in a container or something for the day or so while I switch filters? I know they can but I don’t want him to die. :( My other two betta have died we had them for a long time.

So it’s okay to have my betta in a container or something for the day or so while I switch filters? I know they can but I don’t want him to die. :( My other two betta have died we had them for a long time.
My understanding is that You have your Betta in a 10g, ? You want to move him to the 3g? You can leave him in the 10g while you get the 3g ready. Sorry to hear the other one passed. It's always a heart ache.

Back
Top Bottom