need help fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DougInPA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought 10 neon tetras and I also have 4 angelfish and some roseboras. I also have a spotted rubbernose pleco that is about 3 inches long with a max of 4 inches. I just found one of my tetras dead and another larger neon tetra with its tail gone. Would a pleco this small have done this or could it have been the angelfish?
Who done it??

Yep, definitely the Angelfish. Once they get big enough they'll eat the neons and this is their aggression without the ability to eat them

Cardinal tetras are normally safer due to size difference but can still get attacked by angels. A guy i just did a tank for had the same problem. He ignored advice and his angels where huge and ate all of his neons & rumynose tetras too. Its best do do plenty of research before buying fish.

I find it interesting that it could have been the angles since tetras and rosboras are listed as good tank mates.

Thanks for the help!!

Not according to AQ advisor..
The first warning for 2 angels and 10 neons in a 55g is
Warning: Neon Tetra may become food for Angelfish.
No joke ..First warning..
I would find better resources..

Angels! Had to move mine out of my 75g. Lost one to my angels. I snatched the others up as soon as I seen. Put them in 1 of my 10g with platy's. I didn't even think to look up compatible with neons and angels. I found out fast. They are pretty and bright little fish and I wanted to keep mine. Luckily I had other tanks.

Angels in groups or pairs seem to be more aggressive in my experience. I once kept a single Angel with 6 neon Tetra and 4 male guppies in a 29g with no problems for years. He was about 6 inches full grown. I'm sure it's luck of the draw as far as temperament but I've never heard a good story of multiple Angels and small schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom