Need help gettign the fish/plants I want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben K

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been looking at several stores around the area, constantly asking them week after week if they have certain fish and plants I'd want. Week after week I'm told nope, try again next week.

So, I ask you fine people, whats the best way of obtaining the items you want? The two main things I am looking for are Dwarf Hair Grass and Kuhli Loach.

I live in Ontario, near London, Ontario. I've even been inquiring for these items at a local Big Als store in London.

I usually never have that problem... i have a place called aquarium adventure around my house. it has all the rare fish you could ask for.

Plants are easy. Find someone on here that has what you want and get from them. Fish can be trickier unless you're willing to pay overnight shipping charges. Have you checked around with different LFS? DId you ask about special ordering?

I've been trying to special order. The only fish store in town is run by a grumpy old woman. And the fish stores in London, which is a city with a population of 350k. Surprisinly, there is only two LFS (not including petsmart and things like that). Neither of them have been very helpful :(

Also, I was going to inquire in the barter and trade section, but I then noticed I need a post count of 50. Wonder if they will take offense if I start to spam "lol

Send a PM to the admins for permission to post in the barter trade section. What are you looking for?

Mainly dwarf hair grass, as I am thinking of a low-medium light 35 gallon tank. Don't want to jump right in yet, as I may have a chance to get a 250 Gal tank if the price is right. Also, I would need to worry then about space and whether my floor could withstand such a tank. I may just have to buy it and store it till I move to a bigger place.

Back
Top Bottom