need help identifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys i need some help to id this guy he was in my tank when i got him he's about 3-3.5" the stripe on his side changes from VERY dark to almost invisible hes a kool little guy i just wanna know what he is

Attachments

• P251211_22.55.jpg
    P251211_22.55.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 60
siamese algae eater :) they generally lose color when they get scared or stressed. what size tank is he in?

Have you got another picture? On this one the middle line looks sharp and the fins looked like they have a yellow tint to them so it could be a Flying Fox!

The SAE and Flying Fox are very similar!

Have you got another picture? On this one the middle line looks sharp and the fins looked like they have a yellow tint to them so it could be a Flying Fox!

The SAE and Flying Fox are very similar!

im sorry but no it took me weeks to get this photo of him he never sits still so usually he's just a blur

noobaquarists said:
thank you mumma for the link im pretty sure hes a flying fox after reading it

Yes, he has a gold stripe above the black and the black stripe doesn't go into the tail. He has two sets of barbels? Then you have yourself a flying fox!

noobaquarists said:
cant see the gold stripe but he does have 2 sets of barbels and black doesnt go int tail

Yep flying fox. They like to be kept by themselves so he doesn't need any friends. He might be a bit of a bully towards your other fish. How big is he now? I think (if I remember correctly) they get to 5-6 inches.

Back
Top Bottom