Need help with 100 gallon fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zack24790

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 100 gallon has been cycled and fine for about 3 months now. Recently started getting a white slime build up on everything. The front glass gets bad and I have to scrub it once a week but it comes back within days. Any help to get rid of this stuff would be greatly appreciated. It covers everything in the tank, especially my plants.

Hi Zack

I have had this same thing a few times, only the stuff I had was greeny/ blue not an algae but a bacteria. Covers everything and smells terrible. There is an antibiotic you can add that kills it. Problem is if you don't fix what's causing it. She comes right back only stronger this time. You must get good water movement throughout the tank. Don't feed to much, no more the 8 hrs max with lights at right power and regular water changes.

Vacuuming is the easiest way to remove what's in there. Try to get as much out as possible and remove it as it comes back. This can be a pain because it is fast growing. Once you eliminate most of it and get lighting and nutrients in line it will disappear quite fast.

Here is a link the is about this. There's lots of info google it

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatfishblog/tag/aquarium-bacteria/#.Vj5Qxno76rU

Good luck
Canadiver

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom