Need help with fish coming up missing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, that should be fine then. It's gotta be either the stock quality you're getting or the pH swings then.

Now that you mention the shorting out.. I'm wondering about my heater.. its not a sumersible either but its old.. I got the tank for free and it came with it.. the light comes but I don't know how well it works.. I have a digital temp gauge and it will say 81 or 82 for a few days then goes down to 79 over the next couple days .. I want to get a submirsable one and hide it in the center of my tank behind my amazon but I am worried about them.shorting out and killing my fish

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Every fish I have lost always goes were my heater is at the end of my tank before they die.. and it always happens after I.turn the lunar on at night

It's possible it's the heater then... When they start to die they can do so in odd ways. Usually they just overheat and fry, but it's possible it's shorting out internally and emitting some odd EM signals. Some fish can go a bit crazy from these, and since heaters are running mostly at night after the lights shut off it could be why you're only noticing the strange behavior during that time. Does the tank stay warm enough without the heater? If so you can try taking it out for a couple days and seeing how their behavior changes.

It stays around 76-78 without.. now I'm. nervous I just got home from work to check on them and my rams are spawning lol .. I'm going to unplug it for awhile and watch it

Ouch, 76-78 is really chilly for rams. They get pretty disease prone at sub 80F, 82+ is better. Can you pick up a new heater today? Another option is to wrap the tank with a blanket to help hold in heat.

I could do that.. ill keep an eye on it. They just spawned to .. the last female I had spawned and the eggs disappeared and she was dieing hanging out by the heater .. this is my 3rd female I've had her sense last Friday .. I hope the eggs make it.. I have a small light I put on top of my tank to blend in with the lunar lights in that area were they spawned just to be safe of any fish trying to get around the eggs they'll see better lol idk just a thought

Back
Top Bottom