need help with stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of tank do you want? A community? A couple fish? That would help.

Post a list of fish that you may be interested in and the folks out here will guide you along. You can do many different things with my favorite size tank--I have 9 of them.

good point let me just add that i currently have a sailfin pleco a clown loach and a corey cat i know they will outgrow it so dont waste time telline me rione about an african cichlid tank? joe manu could i fit? or i wouldnt be' opposed to' having just a few or even one oddball fish

Lol, from reading what your autocorrect didnt tamper with, cory cats need to be in larger shoals. African cichlids would not work, if you want cichlids you could consider shell dwellers or dwarf cichlids like rams, apistogramma, kribensis, etc.

Bambinojake said:
Lol, from reading what your autocorrect didnt tamper with, cory cats need to be in larger shoals. African cichlids would not work, if you want cichlids you could consider shell dwellers or dwarf cichlids like rams, apistogramma, kribensis, etc.

are there any type of oddball fish that would do well in it?

What are the tank measurements of your tank?
What is your ph?
Also how long has the tank been up and running?
Whats your filtration and what is your temp?

Fishman007 said:
What are the tank measurements of your tank?
What is your ph?
Also how long has the tank been up and running?
Whats your filtration and what is your temp?

itt is about 30 in long 18 inches tall and wide roughly from what i can remeber i plumbed it myself with a durso and its turnig over about 12 times per hour the temp is 73-4 its been running about a week with fish in it

im really looking to put somethijg in thisntank that is very unique and nothing anyone else will have

cgthebeast said:
Khuil loaches would be cool or an African bush fish if its a species only.

khuli loach  havent seen one in a long time
but notnquite what im lookig for im really looking for somehing that people will see and say wow i want that

A puffer fish? Electric blue crayfish? I dont know many oddball fish and you may not think those are odd.

Bambinojake said:
A puffer fish? Electric blue crayfish? I dont know many oddball fish and you may not think those are odd.

are there freshwatwr puffers? i have only ever seen braskosh and saltwater

Seriously? Already a clown loach and sailfin?

If you're going to add anything you may as well add what you want as you're overstocked to buggery anyway.

African leaf fish are awesome! They are fun to watch eat as well as the only eat live food.

GodFan said:
African leaf fish are awesome! They are fun to watch eat as well as the only eat live food.

how many can i look to get. dont want to get too many since im being accused of overstocking

I would put at the most two in there, those guys are awesome, I had a few in a 55 at one point :) they do get to I believe 4-5 inches though, so I guess if you have it planted you can make it work. They're highly social fish.

I wouldnt do more than 2 with current stock. If I coukd be so bold I would recomend rehoming the pleco and loach now. Then you could get a bn pleco and 4 leaf fish probably.

itt is about 30 in long 18 inches tall and wide roughly from what i can remeber i plumbed it myself with a durso and its turnig over about 12 times per hour the temp is 73-4 its been running about a week with fish in it

im really looking to put somethijg in thisntank that is very unique and nothing anyone else will have

Have you cycled? If the tanks been up for a week than you couldnt of cycled

Back
Top Bottom