Need ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissa1977

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,

I really need your help and suggestion. A brainstorming session I would say.

I have a 20 gallons high tank that I need to re stock.

This tank is going to be planted. I already have 3 Ottos, 2 panda cories and 1 bulldog pleco. I want to set up a peaceful community tank. I was thinking of a South American Biotope since the fish I already have are from there. I was thinking of a school of neon and...

Any ideas...??

I really like them but I can't get the hatchet fish since the tank is lid free...

A pair of angelfish? or maybe a pair of dwarf cichlids? I think I heard tall tanks are good for angelfish (but I have never had any) so someone let me know if I'm lying. I have no idea how any of these fish are without a lid though.

A 20 gal high is too small to house angelfish. IMO they would be too cramped. A pair of dwarf cichlids such as blue rams would be great though.

Are Bolivian Ram an option for a 20 gallons ?

Do they need to be kept in a group, a pair or alone ?

Does anybody knows what differences in temper there is between the Blue and the Bolivian Ram ? Is one more peaceful than the other ?

More cories and continue SA theme with plants, growing out of the open top if possible. :)

German Blue Rams would be good as well, a nice pair.

I would not suggest the angels since you have otos and want neons. Neons are a natural diet for the angels and I believe I lost two ottos to my angels, though I never could prove it.

Bolivian rams are basically the same as German Blues, except they are tan colored and hardier. If I were you, I would get a pair.

Actually, I would get 1 male and 2 females, if you want to breed them. Otherwise, I would get 2 males or 2 females.

add the rams last when you know your water perams are steady... I'd wait a while for the ottos as well because they can be sensative.

Back
Top Bottom