Need ideas fer 15gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
oka I got a 15 gal with 2 black skirts and a female betta. The scissor tail was sucked into the filter and died... :( So I was wondein if anyone had an idea on hat I should stick in there... keeping in mind my largest black skirt is domanent in the tank and also attacks anthing with long fins... But ya... any ideas on what I could get. Id realllike somthing to addsoelife to th tank and mabe some colors. Im planning on some java ferns for it soon and alot of hiding space...

So thanks in advance fer any ideasi just cant make up my mind :lol: .

I'm always a fan of adding more when there are just a few schooling fish - they'll be happier and the dominant black skirt will be less so when there are more of his kind. You could try some serpae tetras (I always say that :D), as they are pretty frisky, don't get very large and are extremly colorful. You could also go with some cory cats for the bottom.

I'd add a couple of blue rams... they aren't dominant towards other fish IME and they're beautiful. If your black skirt goes after them, the two will ward him off most likely. As for the femael betta... watch her and make sure she can fend for herself. If she's in with the tetra and doing fine she should be alright.

Rams like plenty of hiding places like plants and rocks. Tank conditions: 72-79°F; pH 5.0-7.0; dH 5-12 usually. But my pH is at 7.8 and they love it. Hardy, social community fish. And gorgeous!

hmmmmmmmm how easy arre blue rams to carre for??? I mmay just have an extrra 10gal on the way...so:D:D:D hehehe MTS!!!!!!!!! I do love blue rams. but im unfermiliar with em...

For my area, German blues are kindof tricky. They do best in neutral to slightly acidic, soft water, and we tend to have hard, alkaline water here, so I don't have much luck with them. However, my LFS has recently gotten some locally raised blue rams that are adapted to our water, so I am itching to give them a try.

Aside from that (and this may not be an issue in your area) they do not have extra special requirements, other than that you need to pay particular attention to pristine water quality. They eat most anything and are peaceful fish that can handle life in a 10gal.

Back
Top Bottom