Need immediate help! How many fish per bag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey folks,

I'm going to the LFS in like 10minutes, how many cherry barbs per bag should I have them put in? 1per bag, all of them in the same bag? Thanks in advance!

Oh and I'm getting 6.

justin

I would get them all in the same bag. They will be coming from the same tank, going into the same tank and acclimating at the same time for the same tank.

I'm excited for you! Good luck.

Awesome, thanks again! Didn't want to stress them out if they were supposed to be kept together or apart.

I got all 6 home, and got them in fine. They seem to be doing great. The first time i tried to feed them they didnt go after the food (they tend to stick to the bottom of the tank?). But I came back a 1/2 hour later, and all the food was gone. I then waited another hour or so and this time too a single flake and mashed it up in my hand so it was really fine. Then added it, and they didn't go after it. Only after the filter pushed it to the bottom did they fight over the food. I don't see any leftovers. So they seem to be great except for 2 of the barbs.

The 2 barbs (i have seen them eat just like the rest) are very pale (the stripes are not dark and the tail is almost transparent).

Give them a day or 2 and they will be coming to meet you for their food. :) Mine try to get the food as it just hits the surface of the water. :)

Congratulations on your new barbs! I agree, give them some time and they will be fine. They have just been moved from a temporary home, into a bag and into another home they are not familiar with.

Did you get any females as well as the bright red males?

The females are sort of brown and not bright cherry red, but their presence makes the males show off their brightest reddest mating colors to impress her.

Maybe your pale ones are just females?

Tiger's, they did not have cherries that I could see (I didn't ask since they were really busy). Yucca, I'll make sure that when I go for the cherries that I get a female.

barb1.jpg

barb2.jpg

barb3.jpg

It's fun watching the tiger barbs when I feed freeze-dried plankton to the sharks. The small tiger will grab one, and half will be down his throat and the other half sticking out. Then when another fish tries to get that plankton, he scoots away fast to a hiding spot, lol.

Back
Top Bottom