need input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a aquarium/terrarium with one beta and two red belly toads.
I'm want to know if a fiddler cat would do well in the environment ? or if some one could give some other suggestions as to what I could place in the water with beta for cleaning purposes :?

[center:eaacda3c9f] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, charis! :n00b: [/center:eaacda3c9f]

What is the size of the aquarium/terrarium? How often are you doing water cleanings?

Menagerie said:
[center:c29b3285f6] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, charis! :n00b: [/center:c29b3285f6]

What is the size of the aquarium/terrarium? How often are you doing water cleanings?
30 gallon tank just set it up this week

Dunno anything about fiddler cats but so far we've been pretty happy with our chinese algae eater.

When you say 'aquarium/terrarium" how much of it is filled with water? Sorry, I needs lots of info since I don't keep anything like that. How big will the toads get? What do they primarily eat?

about 1/2 the tank is water the other half is full of gravel and rocks with roots, and running water. The toads won't get that big and the mainly live on crickets and the occasional mealworm. I have had aquariums in the past this is my first palidarium.

The toads are predators and may go after the betta in time, but I'm not 100%. I don't know anything about fiddler cats. I'm going to put out the BAT signal!! Fruitbat, help!

I'm thinking that charis must have meant 'fiddler crab' as well. If not...can you post a picture or give a description??

Oh....Welcome to Aquarium Advice!!!! :D

sorry about confusion I actually meant banjo cat( i was having a brown out moment). I have no pics of the tank as of yet am working on it.

Ah, well that makes more sense, even though I have no experience with them. Someone will be able to help :D

Back
Top Bottom