Need more advanced info.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I wanted to know if you could help me. I have 3 freshwater tanks. Everything is happy and healthy.

I know enough information for their wellbeing. I just wanted to know more. I have been to many sites and forums. The info is good especially on this forum but I just want to know more. I was looking for a site or book that had a lot (a lot like 100pages) of advanced information on freshwater aquarium keeping start to finish.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read this and any possible responses would be much appreciated.

Have you read Diana walstads book on the planted aquarium? Its very in depth and sounds like you would like it. Focused around low tech low maint ecosystem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We could really throw information at you all day about the more advanced aspects of fish keeping. What are some of the specifics you would like to know more about though? That will really help direct us in what you are looking for.

I've always found in my attempts to find more out, books dedicated to specific species tend to contain "more pages" if that's what you're looking for. One of my favorites that I've read over and over, Bleher's Discus vol 1+2 both contain over 600 pages each.

I haven't read any of Diana's books. I will look at them.

I was looking for a general advanced book but I suppose planted aquarium info and a very large fish profile would be the 2 specific things I wanted to learn more about.

That 600+page book sounds very good especially as I know next to nothing about discus.

Thanks for all your responses.

There is a monthly magazine called Tropical Fish Hobbyist that I find informative. They have articles relating to both fresh and saltwater, and there is typically something about aquatic plants as well.
You can find it in most pet stores, but its way cheaper if you subscribe.

Thanks coyne I'll go into my lfs when I next have the chance.

Back
Top Bottom