need new bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy5559

Aquarium Advice Activist
What type of bottom feeders are there, if you could get a picture that would be great

The otcoinclus catefish is nice, and it is peacefull which is good!
Is the yo yo loach and corries peaceful?

Go with Cories!! I like the schwartzi or julii.. My son likes to call the schwartzi "black eyed cory's".. I think most all loaches or botia's stay hidden for the most part.. The cories always have a roaming gang checking out the area for food... Also, hugely recommend going with play sand as a substrate for them and most of the others recommended.. It is easier on their tummy and their barbels....

cory.JPG

One thing to be careful about with otos, is that if you have any bigger slower moving fish, they will sometimes suck a bit on their slime coat. I had a dojo loach and he didn't appreciate the extra attention.

Ah, no one has mentioned shrimp yet. They make great bottom feeders too.

Of course, what you have to consider with any bottom feeder, is their compatibility with whatever other fish you may have.

Yep - yoyo loaches are cool and they do expose themselves considerably! I just ordered five to go with my one I already have but the new ones will be going in different tanks - one with the current one in my 36 gallon - one to my gf - two in my new 20 gallon and one in my five gallon!

Yes in general hillstream loaches are cold-water, high current fish... So they also need a pretty specific tank setup (as far as I know).

Back
Top Bottom