Need New bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well as u guys know the apocalypse struck my tank!! Well got it tested with all the new water in and they said everything looked great except for the ph it was at 7.2 and she said my firemouth would like it at a more 7.6-7.8 reading. So I put all the fish back into the main tank since I figured it had to be better then the 10 gallon they were in!! So I'm gonna let this tank settle until Monday when I want to get some bottom feeders since my 2 pictus catfish died. What would be some good choices.

Ok a pleco is an option. How bout some loaches? To add some life into the tank? Would those work brookster

Depends on what type of loaches. There are many species.

What types would be good I have a large variety of lfs near me as one sells freakin everything (specialize in freshwater) I want some thing that has a lot of life and interacts with one another but won't get eaten by my bichir or firemouth

I think dojo loaches look awesome. Also panda garras or garra flavatara is a nice bottom feeder that is active and even will play in the middle area of the tank

I think dojo loaches look awesome. Also panda garras or garra flavatara is a nice bottom feeder that is active and even will play in the middle area of the tank

Ok well the garra is just a little too expensive if I want to get 4.... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395861548.062609.jpg I really like these as they fit my water parameters perfectly and are fairly low cost and have prett cool markings

Would a peacock eel work? Just asking my brother likes the way they look..

I'm really looking for a unique bottom feeder that's why I got the bichir love how they look and move!! So any other options?

Zebra loaches are pretty cool looking and extremely active and engaging.

Ok thx I heard loaches are all around like playing with each other and like to play with their owners through the glass.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395881071.364159.jpgvcould the dragon goby work? It says freshwater and I think it looks sick!!! Tank size is a little under but they take a while to grow so will upgrade if need to be. But will it work with my bichir and firemouth?

That is a brackish water fish that, unfortunately, is often sold as a freshwater fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That is a brackish water fish that, unfortunately, is often sold as a freshwater fish.

Ok sorry for that... How bout a spiny eel? Would that work an how is live aquaria as a store? Is there shipping prices reasonable or crazy?

I don't know anything about spiny eels. LA ships overnight only (shipping starts around $35 I think) and iirc they have order minimums.

35 dollars for shipping? That's insane!!! Also sorry if I'm getting off topic but would a African butterfly fish work it's labeled as aggressive and it's a top swimmer also don't have any top swimmer everything in my tank is middle or low roaming

They can be difficult to feed. Sometimes they only accept live foods.

I don't mind feeding them live since my leopard ctenopoma likes live feeder fish :eek: I could get some at my local petco! Would they handle the firemouth?

Back
Top Bottom