need opinion on colorful community safe fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n2nn2n

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It's been a while but I think I need a more colorful medium size fish in my 29 gal community tank. The current selection are all smaller and not as colorful. I'm thinking a pair of German Blue Rams.

any other ideas?

currently:
6 neon tetras
8 rummy nose
4 Harlequin Rasporas
12 Cherry Shrimps

Attachments

• IMG_0786-1.jpg
    IMG_0786-1.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 80
Read up on Rams or they may just die on you. They aren't the easiest of fish.

Maybe get a group of Cories. Not super colorful, but very entertaining.

I'd add more Harlequins.

Cherry Barbs glow when they are happy. Make sure you get a good ratio of males to females. Probably 1:2
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420535888.446098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Colorful Fish

Hello n2...

I'd suggest Platys. Nicely sized fish and very tolerant of most water conditions. Go with Red Wags or the Sunset species. Very peaceful, brightly colored and their cost is reasonable.

B

If you go platys keep in mind that although they are beautiful, they are live bearers. You will end up with a lot of babies. I had Mickey Mouse platies. They were a lot of fun and everyone thought the mickies on their tails was so cool. Since males and females have the same colorations you could try and get all female and hope none are pregnant. Mine were happy in a school of 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like the rams. People say they are hard to keep, but mine are doing fine in harder water. I just keep my tanks very clean and do a few water changes a week. They are all colorful and eat very well.

Back
Top Bottom