Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so the other day I got 4 mystery snails, and put them in the 75G with my BGK and one DG. Since the first night, all of them seem to be hiding (trapdoor shut) all day and all night, and I am thinking either my DG or BGK is bothering them. I read that they need to be fed algea wafers and stuff, but if I put those in the tank, the other 2 fish will eat them (the wafers).
So my question is, I just broke down a 10G tank and it's just sitting there, (I was going to use it as a QT, but am not planning on getting any more fish in the near future), so should I set it up and just make it a mystery snail tank so they can have some peace? I am 99% sure that 2 of them were mating today, so I want to know this before they set their eggs up in the 75G, because I think I am going to try and keep the babies.
Thanks! :)

Have you noticed if theyre out at night any? I have some that are out all the time, some dont move until the lights are off (i think theyve been hanging around my mts too much lol)... You could set the 10g up for them, but they should be fine. Mine live hapily with my mbuna, and i know your fish arent as mean as mine

They are not out at night either, I have checked. The only time they were really active was right when I brought them home. Elvis (the BGK) has killed all the ramshorn snails, (he ate their head off), so I am thinking he is pestering them so they are staying hidden, and he is out all day and all night, I am not sure when he sleeps lol. But I am more concerned with the food aspect, so I think I will move them to the 10G.
Thanks!

are you sure they are alive? i bought one a long time ago only to realize that it was dead....lol

Yeah, they're all alive, they do move sometimes, and they were breeding yesterday, they just don't move much. They tend to hang out up kinda behind the heater and plant, like they are hiding.

Back
Top Bottom