need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.coco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone

so i just moved my fantail white goldfish from a 10 gal to a 29 gal. so i was wondering what type of other goldfish would be best with my fantail white goldfish or should o get another fantail goldie.

You're actually one gallon away from an additional goldfish (20 gallons for first fancy, 10 gallons per additional) but hey what the hell. I've never owned goldfish (successfully lol) but if I can, I would personally choose either orandas, lionheads, or black moor

You can choose to get another fantail/similar type such ryukin or not. The fantail will be ok in there by himself. If you do get another goldfish and take care of them well, expect to have to upgrade to atleast a 55g in a year or so. I would skip the sight handicapped fancies (moors, telescopes) for company for the fantail as well as lionheads & pearlscales because of their swimming limitations. Fancies grow much larger than most people realize. :)

so its fine if the goldie is by itself. do goldies get sad or depressed of they are alone?

bob-

thank you. yea i was wondering about the tank too but if i get a bigger filter i thnk it would be ok. i had about three goldies died bcus the staff at the pet store never told me i had to cycle the rank first and so they died :(

Back
Top Bottom