Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need some help

ok..so I REALLY like barbs and want to have a tank for them but I also want to have a second tank planned out just in case that one doesnt work. Where I am moving to there is no fish stores..well except one(it's really tiny) and I don't know what's its like. And probably Wal*Mart.
So I either want to keep a livebearer tank or a barb tank. I have my barb tank planned out. All I need to plan out is the livebearer tank(just in case).
I have owned mollies and platys before. I have a harder time with mollies though(but I like them). I have also had guppies.
My tank is a 29 gallon tank with a 7.3 Ph level(or something like that), my water has salt in it( my tap water has salt in it already..I don't add it).
I would like somebody to make a tank setup of fish that would work in my tank. I would like mollies, platys, guppies, tetras..anything common.

THANKS! After 1 year of fishkeeping I still have trouble figuring out how many fish I can fit into my tank. Thanks a bunch!

fishfreak77

Old 12-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

So what about a few Otocinclus/Cory cats and some endlers? I know they might not be too common, but they are really great if you like livebearers. They are smaller than guppies, every male looks different, they are very hardy, have vibrant (metallic) colors and are nearly extinct from the wild. That way you would even do something good for mother nature.

They are easy to ship and if you want some wait a few weeks and my fry should be big enough to ship (get color and I can tell if male or female). You can slo ask tank girl for them or buy them at www.swampriveraquatics.com, but they will be a little more exspensive there.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com