Need some in put --- oscar tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90gallon tank I have three oscar in there and would like to know what other fish can I put in there so they will nt hurt my oscar

Bear5800 said:
I have a 90gallon tank I have three oscar in there and would like to know what other fish can I put in there so they will nt hurt my oscar

From what I have read and researched... I believe non. Oscars need a lot of room and I think it's recommended that a 75g for one Oscar is good. So I'm not sure about 3 in a 90g. But I'm NOT an expert and I'm new myself to the fish hobby but I have read up on them as I wanted them until I found out I would need like a 125g for a pair.

Maybe someone will chime in and offer better advice.

there may be only one oscar survive that, one big baddie or two that form a pair. so good luck, but i have high doubts of all surviving. id wait until a couple pair before removing one first so u dont end up with only one anyway.
to not hurt the oscar is a statement based on hope. cichlids that can match the size or compete with the oscar are better for compatibility, like the chocolate cichlid, severums, JD, maybe managuense but thats risky. but any of these with an oscar needs 75g min, and your current tank cant house anything more than 2 O's and maybe one of the above, and a pleco or two.

what oscars do u have btw? xx

I agree that you will likly run into problems eventually with 3 oscars in there.
If you are willing to re-home an oscar or 2, I have heard about success with gaint danios as oscar tankmates. A pleco (NOT common) would probably work out too. Commons are too big for that tank IMO, but there are are some cool, smaller varieties that could work.

Back
Top Bottom