Need some quick advice, corydoras fry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
The fry is a few days old. Not quite free swimming but soon. They are in a breeder net inside my 75g, this is where they hatched.

This morning I used a small air line tube to try and vacuum some of the debris from the small net. Its works but I also sucked up some.fry. they all lived and get them back in the net. Because there is a lot and there is a lot of crevasses and such with this style of breeder net I am worried about poop and stuff building up in areas I can't clean due to all the fry tucking away in those areas.

So my question is, should I move them to a 10g? Too soon to try and move them?

I have a aquaclear 20 that I can fill with media from my 75g canister and plants from the 75g.

I got sand too I can put a bit on the bottom.

I think I could keep the 10g cleaner by doing partial water changes and the sand.

Thoughts? What should I do?

Leave em. Seems that constant parameters and clean water are the best for sensitive fry. So long as there's adequate flow I wouldn't think a few random lingering poos would be all that detrimental. Moving them would gauruntee atleast 20%loss imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Brooks man is correct. You need the aged tank water and water circulation. A little excrement will not hurt them too much. I use a turkey baster to clean up the waste.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been told and read that you feed once they egg sack is absorbed which is like 3 days if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom