need some stocking advice/HELP!!! URGENT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettagirl7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank. I had several fish and went through the process of quarantining all of them.

I made the mistake of putting a new plant in the tank. After I put the plant in the tank 4 platies, 1 zebra danio9of crooked spine), and a dwarf powder blue gourami(not dead yet) died.

I cannot put my nearly dead gourami in the quarantine tank because of fish I have in there. I got them over a month ago!!!! They are still in there because of the sickness in the main tank.

So I wanted to know what fish I should get when I figure all this stuff out.

I will have 6 zebra danios, 2 glowlight tetras, 3 corys.

I was thinking GUPPIES!(I love them) and what else would you recommend?

OH! and before anyone asks... these are my test results usuing a LIQUID test kit.

ammonia: 0
pH:7.6
nitrite:0
nitrate:10

and the tank is almost 4 months old.

Also I was thinking of ONE angel(would be juvenile when bought).

What fish go with danios?

i think 7.6 is a little high, but its probably not too high as to where it would kill a fish, but possibly.

The PH is fine dont worry at it. You could fill out the tetra school. An angel or two would do nicely. Danios are very peaceful, just about any peaceful fish will do fine with them. You could add a bristlenose or some other kind of small pleco, you could also add a few more cories if you wish.

I agree the ph is fine, I have ph of 7.8 and have angels, discus, cichlids, gouramis, cory cats and many others for over a year.

I would get a couple of angels myself personally and definately more cories.

ok cool! So I could add a juvenile angel, and more tetras? the angel won't eat them? about how many tetras could I have? and will glowlight tetras school with other types of tetras? and what kind of tetras should I get?

I would get three more glolights to finish that school. The angels shouldn't eat them, neons are the ones they mostly eat.

i third that the ph is not a concern as long as it stays in those parameters all the time.

I don't see how a plant killed your fish, unless it brought in some sort of disease.

Danios are nippy, so I would be careful with an angel. Especially if you have no where to move it if they do tear its fins to shreds. Danios are also very active, while angels are slow and calm. I would be afraid they would stress an angel out.

If you do decide to get an angel, I would get only one. They get very tall and take up a good bit of space....especially with 2 schools of fish in the tank. Personally, I would get a gourami and not an angel. I think the angel would be cramped. My biggest angel in the 55g is about 6 inches tall and about 4-5 inches long. That's a big fish. I can't see her stuffed in a 29g tank.

I would fill out the glowlight school...get about 4-6 more. I would get maybe a blue or pearl gourami. And get 3 more cories of the same type...they like groups also.

I had a dwarf gourami that was doing really well until the sickness started:(. It happened after I put the plant in. The plant at the LFS was in a tank WITH fish.

Also, I like the idea of the glowlight tetra school. I had three but one disappeared!!!:eek:!! NO traces of it!!

I REALLY like angels, but I'll see what I want when I go to the LFS tomorrow. I'll come back here with my list:):):)

My LFS has fire newts too....I LOVE THEM, but maybe I should just stick to fish for now...:p

Back
Top Bottom