need some tank maintainence help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newcomer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everybody.. I am still new at this so I may be wrong. But how do you get ride of a slight cloudy problem...upon closer look it's tiny speck's of dust it slook's like... what can I do to solve this..

First, did you just set your tank up? If you did that might just be a Bacteria Bloom-completely Harmless, Will go away soon. Also, let me know about your filter system, size of tank & the fish you are considering on purchasing or are in your tank. As for maintanence, depending on bio Load, you should replace 10% of water every week or 20% every other week. Make sure that you clean the gravel while you do the water change & buy a bucket to dilute the water & do all the necessary conditioning to it before its added to the display tank to minimize stress. Also, is your tank cycling or have you had it for a while. 0X

Sounds like a new tank. That is normal if so. Fishboy is right. I wouldn't vacuum the gravel too much while its cycling unless the ammonia too high. I usually do a 20% per week while I vacuum on a cycled tank. Everybody does it a little different.
Also if it is cycling don't add bacteria chemicals to it, they will halt the cycle in some cases. Anywhoo tank size? fish? how long? etc.

Back
Top Bottom