Need stocking suggestions with a large established Zebra Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foerkari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an established (over 2 years) 60 gallon freshwater tank with a few live plants. It currently houses a very large zebra angel, 3 dojo loaches, and a bristle-nose pleco. The angel is like a puppy, very friendly and interactive when we approach the tank. He is the show piece. :) I also had a school of guppies in the tank and have watched the big boy interact with them for the past year. He chases them a bit when he is bored but never seemed to be too aggressive. Over time the guppies have all died, 1 at a time over the course of the last 6 months. It is possible that he picked them to death but I didn't see strong behavior to suggest that. I'm ready to restock and want a school of mid tank swimmers. I could go with guppies again, because I love them, but looking for suggestions for other options to mix things up a bit. Thanks in advance!!

Might consider larger livebearers, Swordtails, Mollies & Platies. The Swordtails in particular grow big enough to detour the big Angel's aggression. There are several AA members who breed & sell show quality livebearers.

Back
Top Bottom