Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CleverBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 2,210
Need T5HO Lighting Help!

I need a T5HO Lighting system 48'' 4 Bulb 2x 54wat 6700k White bulbs and 2x Blue bulbs, for my 75 gallon tank. I need one that is quality but i have no desire to spend 400$ on a light im looking to spend 100-150$ does anyone have any good sites i can order this light im looking for from that sells a good product. Iv found one but they are currently out of stock and would like to get one soon.

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs
I need a T5HO Lighting system 48'' 4 Bulb 2x 54wat 6700k White bulbs and 2x Blue bulbs, for my 75 gallon tank. I need one that is quality but i have no desire to spend 400$ on a light im looking to spend 100-150$ does anyone have any good sites i can order this light im looking for from that sells a good product. Iv found one but they are currently out of stock and would like to get one soon.

Thanks!
I buy all my fixtures from aquatraders.com. Very cheap!! But you may need to switch out two of the bulbs if you need blue. I'm not exactly sure.
I found a 48" here with 4 54 watt and 4 blue led. They don't sell fixtures with blue bulbs for planted tanks. I assume this is what it's for. Anyway, all for $98!
http://www.aquatraders.com/48-inch-4...e-p/52305p.htm
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
aaronalam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 309
eBay would be the best bet surely?

I know I've seen some "hong kong" fittings before, you would probably want to replace the bulbs that come with it though.
__________________
20 Gallon Reef / GSP / Yellow Button Polyps / Many Zoas / Chromis / Lemon Damsel / Clownfish
70 Gallon Freshwater
35 Gallon Axolotl Tank
aaronalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CleverBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronalam View Post
eBay would be the best bet surely?

I know I've seen some "hong kong" fittings before, you would probably want to replace the bulbs that come with it though.
i want nothing to do with replacing bulbs

replacing 2x whites with blues im fine with because in the long run when i need to replace my whites ill have 2 more sitting at my house ready to be swaped out.
__________________
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
aaronalam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 309
I found a six bulb on eBay:

T5 HO LIGHT REEF HOOD 6X54W 120cm T5HO LIGHTING FIXTURE | eBay

Couldn't find a 4 bulb one.
__________________
20 Gallon Reef / GSP / Yellow Button Polyps / Many Zoas / Chromis / Lemon Damsel / Clownfish
70 Gallon Freshwater
35 Gallon Axolotl Tank
aaronalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
aaronalam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 309
Wow aquatraders is cheaaaaap!
__________________
20 Gallon Reef / GSP / Yellow Button Polyps / Many Zoas / Chromis / Lemon Damsel / Clownfish
70 Gallon Freshwater
35 Gallon Axolotl Tank
aaronalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CleverBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronalam View Post
I found a six bulb on eBay:

T5 HO LIGHT REEF HOOD 6X54W 120cm T5HO LIGHTING FIXTURE | eBay

Couldn't find a 4 bulb one.

its cheap, doesnt come with bulbs and is a bit overkill for my needs im thinking, however i will thank you very much for going out of your way to help me out. people on this site have been really helpful with lots of information for me while iv been researching for my tank.
__________________
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs

its cheap, doesnt come with bulbs and is a bit overkill for my needs im thinking, however i will thank you very much for going out of your way to help me out. people on this site have been really helpful with lots of information for me while iv been researching for my tank.
Forgot to mention, welcome to AA!
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
tulip55555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 266
These are linkable. I just got one yesterday and it's pretty nice for the price....
Welcome to GrowSmart Indoor Garden Centers - West Palm Beach Hydroponics Store

But Aquatraders is SUPER CHEAP!!
__________________
Patricia

A woman needs a man like a needs a bicycle.
-Gloria Steinem
tulip55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CleverBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post
Forgot to mention, welcome to AA!
haha im going to need to go to some form of aquariuam AA after this to prevent myself from doing some other tank set up. this whole thing is extreamly addictive
__________________
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs

haha im going to need to go to some form of aquariuam AA after this to prevent myself from doing some other tank set up. this whole thing is extreamly addictive
I know, I'm on here like all night!
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light, lighting, lighting help, t5ho

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOWL lighting? ozorowsky Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 16 08-15-2011 02:07 PM
Need lighting advice please nanofish Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 3 07-22-2011 06:25 PM
Noob to lighting - getting ready to bring my tank to life PurpleKoolaid85 Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 2 07-18-2011 06:44 PM
For Sale: 2 T5HO 24WX2 Current USA fixtures (30") fort384 Archive 7 06-27-2011 08:05 AM
Is this a good t5ho lighting system? slitherbomb General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 16 06-25-2011 11:37 AM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.