Need your 'consumer review'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've heard many mixed reviews about Seachem Stability. I recently purchased it to start a new tank. I haven't done this since highschool, which is a lifetime ago. So I'm starting back up on the hobby. A good friend of mine told me its a good buy because it introduces all the necessary bacteria immediately and I can start stocking the tank as well without cycling. I held off stocking the tank though because I've heard different things regarding Stability. Some say it's claims are just that, only claims with no delivery. My friend however swears by it.

If anyone has any info regarding this product, I would appreciate it. I'd have to kill off its new inhabitants due to lack of research. :?:

Um, the last part was a typo. I'd "HATE" to kill off new inhabitants due to lack of research. :wink:

Hey aquazen! Welcome To AA!!!!!!!!

In the top right hand corner of your post, you can hit the edit button and go back and change any typos you might have.

Welcome again! :wink:

Oops. Didn't see that. Thanks. :) For a moment there, I thought AA was Aquatics Anonymous for fish addicts. :p 0X 0X 0X

That it Is!!!

Most of us are not ADDICTED though......I promise I am not......I can quit at any time.

:p

While seachem and the other products may speed up cycling (if they do anything at all) I don't feel there's no other real way to get your tank cycled except the old fashioned way, time. Jeff
Has anyone done definitive tests on these products and seen if they really do work.

I think urville has used it and had good results, but this was also in the presence of plants, which when growing well during a cycle will make the cycle almost undetectable.

I have used it, and didnt find it to do anything at all, just the same as when i have tried "cycle", "stresszyme", and the one that jungle makes....

In general i am a big fan of seachem products, however this one along with their VERY poor betta pellets I do not like.

Back
Top Bottom