Needing help with my purple vampire crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterflychild

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all im needing help with my purple vampire crab. Is a 40 gal tank ok.? right now its in a 5 gal with pink gravel on bottom and black substract on top not as deep as it should be with a small clay pot in the tank with a 2-3 inch round plastic bowl in the tank and 2 plastic plants. and a beta log (ceramic log made for beta bowls). I feed it hurmit crab food which he does not seam to like, frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimp which he seams to likes. I need to kow if a 20, 30 40 gal tank would be ok for the crabs and if so how many purple vampire crabs can i put in together. I was thinking of putting 2 pieces of plexiglass down the middle (lenght wise) in my bigger tank to make a river with rocks and sand (i think). and then make one side a sandy beach with few rocks, plants and some driftwood. On the other side i will put mostly rocks, caves, tall plants and some kind of substract or dirt or something. This is what i think will look good and give crabs a happy home. If anyone thinks i should change something or add please let me know. I need some help in what items i need to make this happen. I just orderd a 40 gal tank and a lid that has bars on it like a hampster cage and ill put either plastic or wire screen on the top or on the bottom of screen. Is there anything else i need like something to water the plants with.? Please help ty

Back
Top Bottom