Needs good schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmmm, the rasboras appear to be interesting now. I still don't seem to like them, but I have only mostly heard good things about them, aside from the fact that they are sensitive to water conditions, but still they could be what I want. I don't know, I will either get neons, glowlights, x-rays, rummies or rasboras, something else, I dunno. Why is it soo hard. I find the weirdest fish to have a lot of personality, so far the most personality I have seen in any fish so far are in my senegal bichir and ghost shrimp and my betta. Aside from them, most of the other fish I have every kept were boring. Lol. I have kept many fish in my life to name. Hopefully I choose a group of fish I would really love, lol.

unknown7, it has been my experience that Harlequins are a hardy rasbora, and not sensitive to water condition any more than any other fish. If you get a good fish from the store, you should have no problem at all.

Someone else mentioned schooling as a behavioral characteristic, and that's true. Most schooling fish, once they get accustomed and comfortable with their environment, don't school at all. They swim freely in the tank just like any other fish. I think a small school would be fine, however, I don't advise you to buy more than 5. Just not enough space.

HTH

the x-ray ones i think your talking about are pristellas, i only have three in my ten so i cant say much for schooling, but they do stick together and are fun to watch because they are really fast usually nabbing food before the rummy nose get a chance, i have heard that serpae tetras school very well, plus you can mix the red and black ones and they will all school together, i almost got them instead of what i have now :)

My serpae and phantom tetras (black and red) do not school at all. It may be because there is no much to threaten them in my tank. Now the rummy nose stick together; may be they are scared of the angel or the gourami because they're so small.

I dunno, I guess I will just visit my lfs and see what they have. Thank you all for your help. Oh yeah, I forgot to add giant danios to my list of fish at that are actually interesting imho. Lmbo.

cories?

I have myself a school of mixed tetras (5 black neons and 4 glowlight) in a 24gal with a powerhead, they do school about half the time. they dont seem stressed as i have stuck t he powerhead on front glass and faced it to the back wall.

Back
Top Bottom